A Million Things To Be Happy About– The Original List
Now…before you say, “Sheesh! This is a lonnng list.” I want you to remember that we would like to get to a million. Do you know how many a MILLION is? Well, it a lot, that’s how many.
So if you’d like add to our list—be brave and scroll down to the bottom. Yes, yes, it may take a while to get there but you’ll manage. And maybe you’ll even read something along the way that reminds you of all that is good in your life. When you add to the “list” your addition will appear on the side bar—that changes about every 10 seconds—titled, “What Makes You Happy?” If you’re patient enough–you’ll see your own words there eventually. So cool!
- The children
These perfect grandbabies
- Missionary boy phone calls on Christmas day
- Fleece slippers
- A bag of Cheetoes–baked not fried
- Painted toenails
- The smell of real Christmas trees
- A well stocked bird feeder
- Picking raspberries
- Real Hot Chocolate with real whipped cream
- Wearing pigtails
- Striped socks
- Bright pink mittens
- A reading lamp
- Men with Scottish accents
- Baby kittens
- Stone cottages
from “the Holiday“
- Cherries from a roadside stand
- A backyard full of autumn leaves
- Thundery rainstorms
- Snowed in with everyone home
- Gas prices right this second
- The power of prayer
- Thatched roofs
- “Baby First Step”
- Indian corn
- Music boxes where you can see the insides
- Porch swings
- A sister
- Baby kisses
- Pecan logs without cherries
- Pumpernickel bread with Swiss cheese
- The picture book, “The Relatives Came.”
- Old photos of total strangers
- Caramel apples
- Metal crochet hooks with taped handles
- Christmas lights in very tall trees
- Canopy beds with curtains
- PeeWee baby dolls
- Football games
- Very old houses with very old trees
- Jack in the Box tacos
- Border’s gift cards
- Surfer hair
Sunshine from “Remember the Titans”
- Crocheted dust ruffles
- Old buttons
“Little Lost Baby”
- Lousia May Alcott books
- Beloved crazy people with New Year’s fireworks
- Being read to
- Flute music
- Beany my love
Vlasic Kosher Dill Spears
- Farm houses
- A Brother
- Embroidery scissors
- Rainbow Brite
- The “Out of Africa” soundtrack
- Peter Brinholt music
- Cable tights
- Light purple
- Cinnamon pinecones
- Mourning doves
- Rootbeer floats in grama’s backyard
- Christmas cards with photos inside
Letters with foreign stamps
- Wind chimes
- Gift baskets with really cool stuff
- Jane Austen movies
- Wool Felt
- Pink malt balls
- Babies born gently
- Snapset pools
- Maxfield Parrish paintings
- Baby fingers and toes
- Cute boys with big feet
- Freeze dried ice cream
- Church steeples
- Old friends that come back
- Free range giraffes
- Button up sweaters
- “Goose Girl“
- Twelfth Night
- Christmas Eve
- Kisses on the hand
- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Pastry Blenders
- Little girls in dresses and tights
by Eloise Wilkin
- Pink and purple petunias
- Ballet Slippers
My sweet Mom
My cute daddy
101. Working Dishwasher
102. More than 1 car
103. First Kisses
104. Baby Smiles
105. Thick Curtains
106. Letters from Missionary sons
108. Flowers growing in the yard
109. Fruit trees to pick from
110. Eating sweet juicy fruit
111. Having a quiet afternoon to myself
112. Playing board games with friends or family
113. Listening to people sing who have beautiful voices (something I’ll have in the next life)
114. Reading friends blogs!!
115. Webcam so I can see and talk to my loved ones that are far away
116. Phone calls from a 3 year old grandbaby to say “I love you Grams!”
117. Text messages from my kids that say they love me and to have a blessed day!
118. Mornings where your husband gets up and feeds the kids and dresses them without waking you up.
119. Having money to pay for what you need and can do without the want.
120. Soon to be 3 beautiful girls that love each other more than I did with my own siblings.
121. My beautiful baby Avery and her heart melting smile122. A new cell phone – gotta love modern technology
123. A car that does well in the snow
124. A mother who I talk to daily
125. My wonderful calling in YW and the amazing girls I get to associate with.
126. Healthy kids
127. Fine tipped pens
128. Working out
129. Sees chocolates
130. Time out
131. ♥Sleeping in till 10:00 makes me happy. (cuz I don’t get to very often-in fact rarely)
132. ♥Leaving the Christmas tree up till way past the New Year
133. ♥Flying on airplanes makes me giggle
134. ♥Hot wassail on a cold Winter’s night with a good book
135. ♥Having about 4 hours to myself so I can scrapbook
136. ♥Scented Body Lotions
137. The snow coming down as I type. Our state always needs more water. So it’s a big deal to get all this new stuff. I just want to be snowed in at least once in my life.
138. Pink lights on a canopy bed. It’s very exotic and makes me feel particularly fancy somehow. Even if I’m just wearing a sweatshirt and jeans.
139. A baby girl who loves her monkey.
140. A baby boy who loves to laugh.
141. A baby “chomp” who could show up any day now. Maybe we’ll wake up one of these mornings and Lyndi will have a sweet, warm bundle all cuddled up with her. I suppose, in real life we’ll know when she decides that she’s truly coming. But since Lyndi is having a home birth–it could be a surprise for us–any time now.
142. A well attended puzzle on a wintery day.
143. Dear friends in a beautiful place.
144. A beautiful place
145. A pristine kitty
145. A letter from a happy boy in a very cold, faraway land.
146. *sunshine that makes the snow sparkle
148. *hot chocolate or chocolate milk
149. *a camera full of happy memories
150. *sleeping baby all curled up like a snail
151. *The greenWinkle Etsy shop.
152. *My laptop that I thought might just be on its deathbed is out of rehab and working fabulously!
153. *Awesome brother-in-laws
154. *Rearranging my room in a way that just motivates me to do amazing things
155. *Graduating from college
156. *Getting an email that says my diploma is in the mail
157. *Knowing that there is another package coming for me from a friend in England
158. *Starting a new job
159. *Being in the Hill Cumorah Pageant cast
160. *Thinking about staying in New York for three weeks!
161. *Good friends
162. *Awesome music of sweetness on my iPod
*Pink iPod speakers
163. *A pink folding chair that holds my pink water bottle
164. *Okay, the color pink
165. *Watching others live their dreams
166. *Living my own dreams
167. *Snow that covers everything rather than just the grass
168. *JIF Peanut Butter (*sigh* we’ll meet again after the recall!)
169. *Reading good books
170. *Watching movies with my family
171. *Getting comments from good friends
172. *My nieces and nephew
173. Baby secrets
174. Bags to cut up to make more…ahhh…bags.
175. Random things popping out of the ground
176. A box of new bows
177. Shiney hubcaps!
178. An evening cloud burst
179. Huge, strong, gentle hands
180. A cute new book to read
181. Our mountains
182. A new daddy
183. Seeing a new daddy with their new baby always makes me smile and laugh.
185. nilla wafers
187. birds chirping in the morning
188. real letters in the mail
189. thinking of walks when it’s warmer
190. getting organized
191. patterned paper
192. frosted mini wheats
193. 50 cent pieces
194. The smile that spreads on your kids faces in the morning
195. The funny things that come out of kids mouths
196. Being happy with my life as is
197. Splurging on something you never thought you would get
198. Watching the moon rise.
199. Viva paper towels
200. PitaPat the Tabby Cat
201. Pursuing your passion
202. My little Squishy’s squishy squishies!
203. The secret clubhouse my friends and i are building in a dried up old river, and even though we’re too old for it, imagination is the best thing ever!
204. A testimony of eternal families
205. Listening to the sounds of people enjoying themselves in the park
206. Staying connected with loved ones through facebook
207. Hearing a bass guitar being played
208. Hugs from people who love you when you’re having a hard day
209. Dreams about loved ones you wish were here
210. The strength of a spouse
211. The scriptures
212. A 13 year old Sunday School class who makes me smile
213. Playing in the dirt so that someday a garden will grow
214. Sunshine after days of rain
215. Tall cedar trees
216. A cozy fire on a cold day
217. Loving eyes
219. The word YES
220. Laughing children
221. The purr of a cat
222. A loving man who keeps gas in my car
223. A sweet, funny chocolate lab
224. Friends who are far away and close iin heart
225. A Dad who never stops caring
227. Western Massachusetts (the Pioneer Valley and Hampshire College specifically)
228. Circus friends
229. My hat collection
231. Huge, long-lasting hugs
232. Stripes and polka-dots
233. Art supplies
234. Silent comedies
235. My good health
236. Giving the perfect gift
237. My very, very best friend
238. Endless possibilities
239. Living in Rhode Island
240. Colts Park at sunset
241. Del’s Lemonaide on a hot day
242. Fireworks on a hot summers night
243. Meeting new friends
245. Candle light
253. Nieces and nephews
Michele B. says:
254. Meeting a good friend unexpectedly at church, and a husband who is kind enough to ignore us sitting and giggling like schoolgirls through the meeting (except through her wonderful son’s wonderful talk, of course!)
255. A temporarily empty house, and knowing that all my family is where they are supposed to be, doing what they are supposed to be doing.
256. A great outdoor pool within walking distance
257. Children who are old enough to allow me to swim laps in said pool unencumbered
258. Children who aren’t embarrassed- or at least hide it well- to go to the pool with their mom
259. The ability to swim, and the calming effect that it has.
260. Dinner waiting in the slow cooker
261. A food storage room with the food to fill the slow cooker, as well as the wonderful family members
262. That will gather around my table to enjoy the meal.
263. A family that likes, for the most part, my cooking
264. A daughter that takes all her siblings, one at a time, to visit her in California, because she values them and wants to build eternal relationships
265. A husband who loves me, appreciates me, and calls me “sexy” as a nickname
266. Friends and family who don’t faint when my husband of 20 years calls me “sexy” in front of them
267. A chance to ponder my blessings
268. Our “Drive Free Cars” account (I found the idea on Dave Ramsey’s website.)
269. Fall gardens…
270. Receiving a postcard
271. Email jokes from my best friend from far away
272. A husband who loves me so much he finds it hard to say no to me!
273. A beautiful granddaughter to wake with hugs and kisses each morning, and a wonderful grandson to look forward to
274. Wonderful children who don’t mind lots of hugs
275. Our gorgeous, sunny Okanagan valley
276. A good, hot cup of tea at the end of a hard night at work
277. Sunsets and sunrises (I can never decide which I like best!)
278. A frozen storm rolling in from the north
279. Hot chocolate and grilled cheese sandwiches when the wind is howling outside
280. Having my whole family together for holiday meals
281. A baby who sleeps through the night!
282. Children who are old enough to clean up after themselves.
283. A husband who puts his family first.
284. A Texas sunset
284. Giggles from my grandchildren
285. Letters or emails from my Marine
286. Sonic ice
287. The smell of babies out of the bath
288. Texts from my girls
289. Being blessed with 2 precious daughter-in-laws
290. Trout fishing with my husband on the river
291. My decision to not sign the “Do Not Resuscitate” order 10 years ago.
292. The 10-year-old, 12-inch-long scar on my Sternum; which declares: “SHE SURVIVED”.
293. Every moment with my only Son, every day since then, for the last 10 years.
294. New jobs
296. Quiet mornings
297. The sweet words of “mama”. There are no better words in the English language.
298. The sweet smell of dew that lets you know that pretty soon, little bulbs will be poking their head out of the ground.
299. Raspberry butter on fresh hot rolls.
300. The ability to recall the words to the Hokey Pokey (even after laying dormant in my brain for years) so that I can easily join in with the kindergarteners.
301. My 3-year old, who despite her speech delays, spontaneously blurts that she loves mom.
302. My 6-year old birthday girl who proclaims that she is going to take her mommy to Hawaii with her birthday money.
303. A Mom who loves her children
304. A little girl who can talk a LOT!
305. Gift cards waiting to be used
306. Menus to help me stay on track
307. Having the means to get everything on the shopping list and then some
308. Coupon, Discount and Deal-a-Day sites that help me get great deals on places and things I love
309. Family that are Friends
310. Friends that are Family
311. A Husband who works hard, takes good care of us and never complains about it.
312. Movies coming to the theater to look forward to.
313. The Sun making an appearance after a really snowy day.
314. A bag of Sour Patch Kids making their way down the row to me at the theater.
317. Getting organized
318. Newly hung shelves
319. Scrapbook pages
322. Just Dance 2
323. Mario, Princess Peach, Koopas, Boo, Chomp and the whole gang!
324. For a husband who loves me, and lets me be myself
325. All my sweet children and for my beautiful grand-children.
326. 3-year-old learning to play hide-and seek
327. Letter-writing opportunities
328. Successful business
329. New art paper
330. Hard-working husbands
331. A great blog by my mom