This pretty little wind chime is much easier to make than I would have thought. And you know how I feel about doing really hard stuff–and calling it crafting. Don’t like it one little bit. So, please trust me when I say this one is fun, fast and pretty dang easy…or it wouldn’t be here.
red, white, and blue craft foam
small hole punch
50 gold or star brads
30 small paper clips (ours were gold)
1 white hanger
24 white or clear pony beads
13 bells (ours were 3/4 inch gold)
1. Cut out a 4 1/2- by 4-inch blue craft foam rectangle. Punch 4 evenly spaced holes on one of the long sides of the rectangle and 7 on the other.
2. Space the brads or stars evenly on the blue rectangle.
and affix them.
3. Cut out 7 red craft foam strips: three 1/2 by 8 inches, four 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches. Cut out 6 white craft foam strips: three 1/2 by 8 inches and three 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.
4. Punch holes in both ends of all of the strips and thread paper clips through all the holes.
5. Attach the 7 short strips to the bottom of the blue square. Thread 4 paper clips through the holes at the top of the blue square.
6. Slide all the pieces onto the hanger–with 2 or 4 beads between–to form the flag.
7. Attach a bell to the clip on each strip.
Let freedom ring…or…
if you please.